APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
The purpose of Licensed Practical Nursing Education at The Healthcare Institute is to provide a program of instruction that will prepare competent, well-prepared graduates. Graduates will be able to provide superior nursing care, become licensed and engage in civic and community affairs. By producing such graduates, this program serves the purpose of providing the community with an excellent workforce of healthcare workers to answer the aging population’s need for access to quality healthcare.
Student Selection Process – APPLICATION DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
APPLICANT MUST HAVE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED EQUIVALENCY, BE A US CITIZEN and complete the following admission requirements:
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED
1. Proof of current Certification as a Nursing Assistant (Medical Assistant certification may be accepted after evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)
2. Student has completed the HESI entrance exam and met the individual score requirement (Math – 70 and Reading – 70). This requirement is waived for students with an ACT
composite score of 19 or higher.
3. Student has met the cumulative GPA requirement of 2.0 as documented on official High School Transcript.
4. Students has submitted two recommendation forms from qualifying individual.
5. Students has submitted official High School transcript or GED Equivalency.
6. Student has submitted verification of required immunizations, TB testing, and current BLS certification.
• Tuberculosis screening
• 2-step negative PPD skin test OR
• CXR within the past 12 months with an Absence of Tuberculosis Symptoms form completed OR
• Negative blood test result within the past 12 months
• Hepatitis B vaccine series (at least one), waiver, or proof of immunity by positive blood titer
Waiver must be the completed via THI Hepatitis waiver form
• MMR-Measles, Mumps & Rubella
• Evidence of immunity to rubella, mumps and rubeola.
• Positive antibody titer for all three diseases OR
• Proof of 2 immunizations (MMR)
• Varicella (chicken pox).
• Proof of positive antibody titer OR
• 2 immunizations
• Evidence of Tdap vaccine within 10 years.
• Seasonal flu vaccine.
• Must be for the current influenza season.
• Must be documented on the THI influenza form.
• Students that cannot take the vaccine due to a medical condition must wear a mask in the clinical area for the entire flu season.
7. Student has submitted pre-entrance physical examination form and student health record completed by Licensed Healthcare Provider.
8. Negative 10-panel drug screen and pass criminal background check.
9. Notarized Citizenship Declaration page.
10. All required materials as stated above have been turned in by the deadline for application – September 30, 2017.
HESI Entrance Test Dates
Applicant must register and pay for the HESI exam by the Monday before test date.
|Date||AM||PM||Test Registration Deadline|
|August 16, 2017||10:00 AM||3:00 PM||8/14/2017|
|August 23, 2017||9:00 AM||2:00PM||8/21/2017|
|August 30, 2017||10:00 AM||3:00 PM||8/28/2017|
|September 6, 2017||10:00 AM||3:00 PM||9/4/2017|
|September 13, 2017||10:00 AM||3:00 PM||9/11/2017|
|September 20, 2017||9:00 AM||2:00PM||9/18/2017|
Practical Nursing Course Requirements
• Program Length 12 months ; Class Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:00pm
• Program Total Hours : 1320 Hours
• Spring: Jan, Feb, Mar, April
• Summer: May, June, July, August
• Fall : September, October, November, December
Practical Nursing Program Cost
*Some costs are subject to change
Program Application Fee: $55.00
Entrance Exam Fee: $50.00
|Estimated Other Costs (Books, Supplies, Fees)||$2682.00|
|Total Cost of Attendance||$10,182.00|